A permanent link or permalink is the address of a web page. They are called permanent links because they are not expected to change throughout the lifetime of a page!
Permalinks allow you to easily find specific web pages that reside on your website, but it’s important to keep in mind the importance of using an SEO-compatible URL structure for your permalinks.
As your need, you can change your Academy LMS course permalink structure.
Follow these steps to change your Academy LMS course permalink.
- Step 1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Step 2. After logging in take your mouse on Setting from the left navigation of your dashboard menu.
- Step 3. Then click on Permalinks.
For best practice, permalink structures should contain relevant keywords.
- Step 4. Now scroll down a little bit then you will find “Academy Course Permalinks”. There are three settings under the Academy Course permalinks.
- Default — Default permalinks are the default permalink that appears in your WordPress dashboard. When you create a post or a page, the default permalink will be the post or page title.
- Course Base — The course base permalink is the long and short link address of the course. Once the course is created and published, the course base permalink is created.
- Custom Base — The custom base will allow you to set custom text before the course name.
Our recommendation is to select your course permalink as “Course base”.
- Step 5. Now After selecting the course base click ‘Save Changes’. Your permalink will be saved as your course base or as you want.
Search Engine Optimization is a must for any kind of digital presence. However, if your URLs are not SEO friendly then your page can’t be ranked on Google.
I think this article will help you to set your SEO-friendly permalink. If you still have questions about permalinks or Academy LMS, you can join our Facebook group and ask questions to us.