A permanent link or permalink is the address of a web page. They are called permanent links because they are not expected to change throughout the lifetime of a page!
Permalinks allow you to easily find specific web pages that reside on your website, but it’s important to keep in mind the importance of using an SEO-compatible URL structure for your permalinks.
As your need, you can change your Academy LMS course permalink structure.
Follow these steps to change your Academy LMS course permalink.
- Step 1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Step 2. After logging in take your mouse on Setting from the left navigation of your dashboard menu.
- Step 3. Then click on Permalinks.
For best practice, permalink structures should contain relevant keywords.
- Step 4. Now scroll down a little bit then you will find “Academy Course Permalinks”. There are three settings under the Academy Course permalinks.
- Default — Default permalinks are the default permalink that appears in your WordPress dashboard. When you create a post or a page, the default permalink will be the post or page title.
- Course Base — The course base permalink is the long and short link address of the course. Once the course is created and published, the course base permalink is created.
- Custom Base — The custom base will allow you to set custom text before the course name.
Our recommendation is to select your course permalink as “Course base”.
- Step 5. Now After selecting the course base click ‘Save Changes’. Your permalink will be saved as your course base or as you want.
Search Engine Optimization is a must for any kind of digital presence. However, if your URLs are not SEO friendly then your page can’t be ranked on Google.
We think this article will help you to set your SEO-friendly permalink. If you still have questions about permalinks or Academy LMS, you can join our Facebook group to ask questions.